Is this a cure for anxiety? Charlie Hoehn #131
- Do you have trouble breathing, relaxing, and sleeping?
- Are you sitting still and staring at screens for most of your waking hours?
- Are you consuming stimulants multiple times per day to hide your exhaustion?
This week on my podcast, I interview Charlie Hoehn, the author of a popular book that I loved when I read it a few years ago. He also wrote a blog post about anxiety that pretty much broke the internet. In fact, even now it's the top search result on anxiety, and curing anxiety.
Charlie had some big problems with stress. Shallow breathing, tension in the gut, chest pains, rapid heartbeat. Anxiety destroyed his confidence, productivity, relationships, and ability to enjoy life. Then he made one massive change.
Listen on to find out more...
When you listen you'll hear
- Charlie Hoehn's journey to recovering from debilitating anxiety [5:13]
- The importance of play and revisiting your childhood [16:28]
- The common sense that is not uncommon [17:17]
- The culture of 'overwork' [18:43]
- Karoshi, death from overwork [20:05]
- The Book in a Box for people who want to write a book but don't know how [25:44]
- Summary of the book, Be Here Now [33:50]
- The importance of sleep, being with nature and reconnect to the earth [39:49]
For more information
- Charlie Hoehn's website
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
- Be Here Now
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]