How to hack our happiness with author John C. Havens #66
Exercise, sleep, ditching the mobile, and what else?
- How can we hack our happiness levels?
- How can we live with a bit more joy?
- How can we experience a greater level of well-being?
I find exercise and good sleep are a good start, as well as hanging out with friends and family. Oh and ditching the mobile phone every once in a while.
But thought I'd chat to an expert for some more ideas. I interviewed author John C. Havens on hacking happiness. He is a TEDx speaker, Mashable and Guardian writer.
He comes up with some simple actionable steps on how to achieve this.
Click below to stream this week's podcast now...
When you listen you'll hear:
- How to increase your wellbeing [02:05]
- Tracking your values [06:13]
- The Quantified Self [08:09]
- The importance of introspection [12:09]
- Focusing on your values [17:10]
- Faith as a value [18:06]
- Emerging technologies and wellbeing [19:23]
- What are we losing with new technology? [22:38]
- What is robotic nudging [25:26]
For more information
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode.
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]