How to live to 115 years old* (*maybe)
[1 minute self-development]
The Institute of Health Metrics and Disease in Seattle produced a fascinating study on the factors that contribute to a long and happy life. It's quite long and wordy, so sticking to the spirit of the 1-minute blog here are the highlights.
How to live to 115 years old (my interpretation)
- You wake up in the morning and hungrily feast on your breakfast of nuts, seeds and water. Yum!
- You clear your mind of everything except pure thoughts.
- Sitting on your half-empty train to work you congratulate yourself on having asked your boss to change your working hours - no more rush-hour for you. Then you catch the eye of a hottie sitting opposite. Gah - so hard to rid the mind of everything except pure thoughts. (Er, that second bit might not have been in the report.)
- At lunchtime you get your weekly blood pressure check. All good.
- On your daily sprint home in the sunshine you give a wide berth to the local hospital (germs!) and the local chippy (salt!).
- You pop into the local organic market for some fruit and veg and pop a couple of extra bricks in the carrier bags to increase your muscle strength as you carry them home.
- You get in to an empty house. You sit silently for half an hour on the floor, contemplating life.
- Once the rest of the household arrive home, you all settle down to your evening meal of rice and water (Yum! Your favourite!)
- Before bed, you spend two hours cleaning each room fastidiously.
- You fall asleep with your head clear of everything except pure thoughts.
Okay - this may sound very unlike anyone's life - ever! But the report does throw up a number of suggestions on how we can lead our lives to live longer - and one easy one is reducing anxiety.
Now we know there's a link between long life, and being able to relax, surely it makes techniques like this and this even more important? And this way, you don't have to have nuts, seeds and water for breakfast.
Have a good week,
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]