The Science of Behaviour Change with Anti Diet Founder Siri Steinmo #12
Just a quick recap, a couple of months ago I started Zestology - the podcast for living with more energy, vitality and purpose. Over the last couple of months I’ve interviewed sports psychologists, new york times best-selling authors, poker coaches, film directors, and loads more, do go back and have a listen to the previous ones. And today's guest is pretty cool too. I grabbed in an interview with the founder of The Anti Diet, and a good friend of mine too, Siri Steinmo. Siri is a health psychologist trained in the science of behaviour change. Her thing is that it's not about what diet you're on, but how you change your behaviour to ensure the health changes you make last forever. In fact she goes further - and says, diets make you fat and miserable!
What should we do instead? Every week this podcast is all about living with more energy, vitality, and motivation, and this week is no exception. It's the theme that goes through every show. So listen on, and enjoy.
Remember you can listen to this podcast on iTunes (purple preloaded app on the iPhone, great app for listening to lots of excellent shows, easiest way to subscribe and get every episode quickest) or click above to stream this podcast now.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- The system of monitoring. [11:50]
- Starting a behavioral contract with yourself. [13:40]
- How the Capability, Opportunity, Motivation Behavior Model can help you. [16:40]
- Small changes that make a difference long term. [26:26]
- Realistic achievements when facing barriers. [27:25]
Easy, every-day tips for vitality
- Clearly define the behavior in question and not just the desired outcome [7:00]
- The Goal Pyramid: the “be’s”, your “have’s,” and the “do’s” that you need to define for long-term success. [9:25]
- Life and nutrition balance: important small tweaks. [19:40]
- Positive habits for crazy work schedules. [21:41]
- The importance of seeking social support [15:30]
- Big behavior changes are a result of a few small changes that make a difference [23:15]
- Who wants to be 10 pounds heavier this time next year? And other issues with “dieting.” [25:30]
- By Dr. Susan Albers
- By Caitlin Moran
For more information
Here's how you can listen to today's episode:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Stream by clicking below.
Happy listening, and have a great week.
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]