The Ten Commandments Of Clutter
Simplifying your life
This is one of my fave posts, from a couple of years ago, and still relevant I think.
The Ten Commandments of Clutter: Simplify everything to be happier and more effective.
- Thou shalt take at least 5/10 minutes a day to just chill and do nothing.
- Thou shalt focus on one thing at once. If necessary, switch thy iPhone off to do this.
- Thou shalt simplify your schedule. Cut non-essential clutter to free up time, energy and brainpower.
- Thou shalt throw stuff away. (Physical clutter = mind clutter.)
- Thou shalt only have 3 windows open on your computer at any one time. (Too many windows open will always do thy head in.)
- Thou shalt get enough sleep. (Lack of sleep is often related to a fuzzy mind. Zzzzz.)
- Thou shalt be aware that when thou browses ye olde Facebook and Twitter, your mind becomes engaged in 'continuous partial attention'. Thou shalt use a program like StayFocusd to sort this one out.
- Thou shalt remember that the best things in life don't have a screen.
- Thou shalt take time to just think: when you are doing the least work, you are the most active.
- Thou shalt remember the words of Leonardo Da Vinci: 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'.
Agree? Disagree? Do some of this stuff already? Comment below. I read every one and reply.
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]