Feeling energetic and hot! With Thyroid Pharmacist Dr. Izabella Wentz #21
Did you know that taking a simple sauna twice a week could spark a complete change in your energy levels? (Hence the title of this blog.) This is just one of the interesting and unusual ideas in today's Zestology Podcast. Are you interested in making some small changes for big results? Listen/read on. My guest is someone with a wide amount of expertise in this area. Dr Izabella Wentz has written a hugely popular and well received book on Hashimoto's. (Never heard of Hashimoto's? It turns out that Hashimoto's is really much more common than anyone thought so we look at that at the start of the show).
We also dive straight into general health improvements and yes, sauna therapy. We go into a bit of depth, including the uh, sauna incident that left Dr. Wentz rather surprised and shocked.
And surprise surprise, it’s a regular theme, we look at nutrition and health and the role that food has to play in your overall wellbeing and energy levels.
It’s one of those shows where we go deep, especially at the start, and I love that. There's some real depth in this podcast. I’m honoured to have a real expert in her field on, so let’s speak to Thyroid Pharmacist, Dr Izabella Wentz.
When you listen you'll hear:
Living with more energy
- The problem with masking symptoms instead of getting to the root cause. [7:12]
- Lifestyle intervention is Dr. Izabella Wentz’s #1 recommendation for tackling chronic illnesses. [7:20]
- The gut determines the role of our immune system. [14:10]
- Focusing on physical AND mental habits. [23:15]
- If you aren’t digesting your food properly, you're more likely to develop sensitivity to that food. [25:40]
Easy, everyday tips for vitality
- Anywhere from 5-23% of people may have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis that’s being misdiagnosed. [6:23]
- Removing commonly reactive foods like gluten, dairy, and soy will help you feel loads better on an every day basis. [7:00]
- What minerals are critical for long-lasting energy. [11:10]
- Eating fermented foods and taking probiotics regularly is a fantastic way to provide support for your good gut flora. [16:12]
- Sauna Therapy. [29:50]
- You doctor's problem with with paralysis by analysis. [9:00]
- How to test for mineral deficiencies outside of your insurance. [13:10]
- The vicious cycle you might be trapped in. [17:00]
- Pursuing your dreams without the worry of not having enough energy to do so. [22:00]
- Looking at the whole pictures versus individual symptoms [29:17]
For more information
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Remember, here's how you can listen to today's episode
- Listen to this episode on iTunes. (If you subscribe, all further episodes will appear automatically for you in the podcast app)
- Stream by clicking below.
Have an energetic week.
[simple_text_ad headline="LEARN NLP WITH TONY AND DR. STEPHEN SIMPSON" message="Finally learn NLP and hack your mind to focus better, think clearer, and (the biggie!) create extra time in your day. This course uses the skills of NLP to put down the tech and supercharge your focus. Use code TONY for 30% off" button_text="Find out more about unplugging" button_url="https://www.iwanttounplug.com/p/unplug-tech-distraction" button_color="#FC5E18" new_tab="true"]